Blogging doesn’t have to be a thankless, uphill battle. Be creative and learn what your audience wants. Engage with things other than links. Post personal opinions, a joke, an open-ended question, or a funny experience. Blogging is about relating to your audience and building a relationship. Strive to share a wide range of interesting topics and then, once in a while, hit them with something that’s promotional.
You have 2 seconds to catch the eye of your reader and another 2 seconds to keep it. And while you cannot be everything to everyone, focus on ‘your’ audience. Begin with good old-fashioned hard work and your following will grow.
Gain blog traction:
- Killer headlines or titles
- Speak your mind
- A person who tries to please everyone pleases no one
- Respectfully disagree but be clear why you disagree
- Do not cater to the masses
- Blogging has to be an enjoyable activity
- Know your target audience
- Make the content easy to absorb
No readers – no traction
Algorithm’s search engines take into account a number of criteria.
- content. If you only have a handful of posts up, search engines won’t have enough information to understand when your content is relevant.
- analytics. There are a lot of signals search engines use to evaluate your pages. Users bouncing from your site at an alarming rate and if not getting any clicks does not work in your favour.
- Determine niche you’re targeting. Some niches are harder to crack into than others due to a high level of competition. If you’re targeting a niche with many big players, you’re going to need a lot of patience.
- Use backlinks. You need backlinks from reputable sites if you want search engines to take your blog seriously.
Launching a blog takes time, energy, and effort. Blogs tend to be direct and transparent and ‘rogue blogs’ are becoming really popular. Not every blogger is a rogue blogger but know that regardless the number of readers that hate it, others love it, and it’s highly successful.
Unleash the novel inside you
with compelling characters,
and fine-tuned prose.
NEED A HAND click this link
HAVE QUESTIONS: CONTACT link here
“Linda has published sixteen books. She blogs about the publishing world, posts useful tips on the challenges a writer faces, including marketing and promoting your work, how to build your online platform, how to get reviews and how to self-publish. She has mentored many authors and edited their work.”
#selfpublish #author #success #wordsmith #motivation #marketing #authorlife #creativity #motivation #career #blog