Stop waiting for that lightning bolt of creativity. Start writing and a creative force will come out of nowhere to ignite you with a passion.
The point of any story is to make your audience feel something. When you are writing stories for your audience, take a moment to ask yourself: “What do I want them to feel?”
Fiction writers know how important it is to include sensory details; remember the sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste.
Begin where the action is; hook your reader on the first page.
Ready to get started writing and need a helping hand?
THE SECRET IS:
Use this 6 step process that works:
- Know if the premise is solid before starting.
- Open up to new ideas and discover inspiration. Writing more pages instead of crossing out characters, re-working plots, and tearing up pages.
- Have confidence in your characters, their actions, and their dialogue, and understand how audiences will respond to them.
- Enjoy limitless creativity on demand and ignite those creative sparks that drive progress, pushing out page after page effortlessly.
- Develop this stream of ideas into stories other people want to experience and feel.
- Never, never stop writing. The more you write the better you will get.
“Linda has published sixteen books. She blogs about the publishing world, posts useful tips on the challenges a writer faces, including marketing and promoting your work, how to build your online platform, how to get reviews and how to self-publish.”