Fringe entered English as frenge from French with the meaning: an ornamental bordering, consisting of a narrow band to which are attached threads of silk, cotton, etc., either loose or formed into tassels or twists.
In the poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (c. 1400), the hero’s saddle had “mony golde frenges.”
By the seventeenth century, fringe, originally an ornamental border, could refer to any kind of border perceived to exist at the edge of something else, i.e.: the fringes of a circle and a thin fringe of timber surrounding the margin of a lake.
Figuratively, fringe came to refer to the edges of anything
- the fringes of greatness
- the fringes of repentance
- the fringes of a conspiracy
- the fringes of Edinburgh
In the nineteenth century, fringe came to mean what speakers call ‘bangs’: a portion of the front hair brushed forward and cut short.
If you need guidance, support and advice with your book, as a writing and publishing consultant, Linda can help you.
Have you got a manuscript that is ready to publish – or an idea for a story but don’t know where to start? Begin your publishing journey today.
In this age of technology, Amazon has opened up a whole new digital world, making it possible for writers to self-publish their books, not stand in line for years awaiting the possibility of finding a publisher.
With Self-Publishing on the rise, so easy to do and accessible, it is definitely a great option.
Writers around the world are taking the opportunity to self- publish their memoirs, their philosophies, their stories.
Self-publishing is the new wave, and by 2020, 50% of all books are self-published.
Authors have started to wield more power, so if you’re an author dreaming of making your books available to millions of readers, you can make it happen.
Need an editor, designer and/or publisher? Linda will evaluate your manuscript and get your book ready for publication.
Click on the links to access my online wordsmith services:
- Visit page: Cover design Books need a professional cover, and regardless of what you hear, people do judge books by their covers.
2. Visit page: Blurb writing is an art, apart from writing a book. Get help in creating a powerful book description.
3. Visit page: Editing Even the best writers need a fresh, unbiased pair of eyes to make that final edit.
4. Visit page: Formatting This is a key step in getting your book ready to upload on Amazon in paperback and e-book formats.
5. Visit page: Mentors help you focus, while providing an objective perspective, positive guidance and encouragement.
6. Visit page: Book Titles are intended to grab the reader’s attention.
7. Visit page: Publication Services includes advice, setting up accounts with Amazon and loading book files to Amazon.
QUESTIONS: CONTACT link here
Unleash the novel inside you
with compelling characters,
and fine-tuned prose.
NEED A HAND click this link
HAVE QUESTIONS: CONTACT link here
“Linda has published sixteen books. She blogs about the publishing world, posts useful tips on the challenges a writer faces, including marketing and promoting your work, how to build your online platform, how to get reviews and how to self-publish. She has mentored many authors and edited their work.”
#LMWasylciw #author #mentor #editor #publish #motivation #entrepeneur #writersmindset #marketing #creativity #growth #craft #lifestyle #authorlife #writing