The best time to hire a writing coach, to bring clarity and depth to your novel, is at or near the beginning.
A writing coach helps the writer organize his/her project, determine a schedule, and set a completion date. We will discusses the stages of your writing project, including an initial outline, preliminary research, and a revised outline.
It is important to develop a clear and compelling plot, determine tone, style, and voice – keeping in mind plot, and themes, while posing questions that will extend your story.
A writing coach can help short story writers, and novelists, as well as authors of nonfiction works, including articles, reports, and book manuscripts. Our goal is to help the writer find the heart of the content, determine what works and what needs work, how to carry out research, and how to frame and organize the material. We will be your personal mentor, helping you focus, while providing an objective perspective, positive guidance and encouragement.
Mentorship walks you through the steps of finishing your manuscript long before seeking an agent or publisher. Together, we will ensure there is tension, depth, intrigue, and heart to your story.
A writing coach:
- can assit in getting that ‘almost ready’ manuscript well on the way to completion
- guides you through every step of planning, writing, publishing, and promoting your book
- helps you set realistic deadlines and create a schedule for meeting them
- clarifies publishing options
Mentoring relationships are highly valuable to help you learn, navigate, grow, and obtain or hone your skill sets. People who are dedicated to their own success seek mentors.
WHAT DOES THE WRITING MENTORSHIP INVOLVE?
The process is as follows;
- STAGE ONE – outline, crafting, timelines
- STAGE TWO– review and discuss, plot, beginning writing, theme vs insight. Following that we can discuss the outline and crafting and set out stage for the writing itself and the things to remember when storytelling.
- STAGE THREE– critique and review – ongoing (a critique of each chapter – preferably 2 at a time – where I read and report on each.
- STAGE FOUR– self-edit and manuscript appraisal
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Stage One and Two run for 1 hour each.
Following that, however long it takes you to write your manuscript is totally in your hands.
Similarly, each two-chapter critique is done within 72 hours of receipt. The appraisal cost is dependent on word count but is priced at $500CAD (for 50,000 words or less) or $1000CAD (for 50,001-100,000 words).
HOW DO I BEGIN? CONTACT me