The best time to hire a writing coach is at or near the beginning of writing your book.
As an accomplished wordsmith Linda will help the writer organize his/her project, determine a schedule, and set a completion date. During the writing process she will discusses the stages of your writing project, including the initial outline and preliminary research, before wrapping with a revised outline.
Linda inspires you to honour your intentions, tap into your life’s purpose and connect with your highest self. She invites you to journey into the vast depths of yourself, with compassion, awareness and without judgment. Connect with your inner voice, listen to your intuition and follow your passions. Join her.
As your writing coach Linda can help short-story writers, and novelists, as well as authors of non-fiction works, including articles, reports, and book manuscripts. Her goal is to help the writer find the heart of the content, determine what works and what needs work, how to carry out research, and how to frame and organize the material. Linda will be your personal mentor, helping you focus, while providing an objective perspective, positive guidance and encouragement.
Mentorship walks you through the steps of finishing your manuscript long before seeking an agent or publisher. Together, we will ensure there is tension, depth, intrigue, and heart to your story.
A writing mentor:
- can assit in getting that ‘almost ready’ manuscript well on the way to completion
- guides you through every step of planning, writing, publishing, and promoting your book
- helps you set realistic deadlines and create a schedule for meeting them
- clarifies publishing options
Mentoring relationships are highly valuable to help you learn, navigate, grow, and obtain or hone your skill sets. People who are dedicated to their own success seek mentors.
WHAT DOES WRITING MENTORSHIP INVOLVE?
The process is as follows;
- STAGE ONE – outline, crafting, timelines
- STAGE TWO– review and discuss, plot, beginning writing, theme vs insight.
- STAGE THREE Following that we can discuss the outline and crafting and set out stage for the writing itself and the things to remember when storytelling.
- STAGE FOUR– critique and review – ongoing (a critique of each chapter – preferably 2 at a time – where I read and report on each.
- STAGE FIVE– self-edit and manuscript appraisal
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Stage One and Two run for 1 hour each.
Linda will be available, however long it takes you to write your manuscript is totally in your hands.
Stage Four: each two-chapter critique is done within 72 hours of manuscript sent by email. The appraisal cost is dependent on word count but is priced at $500CAD (for 50,000 words or less) or $1000CAD (for 50,001-100,000 words).
HOW DO I BEGIN? CONTACT link