Your one-stop shop for pristine manuscript revision.
Proof reading is an essential part of the writing process, whether you are going with traditional publishing or self-publishing.
Bring your work to a higher level of excellence by having your book proof-read, edited, and restructured. Success is driven by the little things: correcting small grammatical errors and/or removing redundant sentences that can place an author at a higher standard of authorship. Every piece of writing should be reviewed by a third party before publication. Someone who reads the manuscript for the first time is better able to spot errors.
Create a good impression when you make that first submission/publication
As a published author and editor, Linda strives to maintain your author’s voice while guiding you to improve your writing. Linda am an experienced English-speaking editor, available to make your book publish ready!
As your proof reader, Linda will read your book from the view of a prospective customer, and polish your work to a high standard. Your manuscript will be sent back to you quickly and at an affordable price.
Our proof-reading service identifies inconsistencies, redundant sentences and/or words, paragraph and sentence structure, repetition, clarification, and a comprehensive report, then commenting on the condition and quality of your manuscript.
QUESTIONS: CONTACT link here
Our Editing Service will:
- Check all grammatical, punctuation, spelling, typographical and English language errors.
- Enhance clarity, style, structure.
- Consider tone, layout, font, eliminate redundancy and ambiguity.
- Focus on plot, loose ends, paragraph and sentence structure, order of story, spelling and punctuation.
- Then you will receive valuable feedback on your writing skills and give you tips about how you can improve your English language.
Developmental Editing Components:
- gives your work clarity, purpose, and continuity
- provides structure, content, and overarching themes of your writing
- identifies questions, comments, and concerns that would stand out to a general reader
- looks for inconsistency (names, dates, chapter titles, character’s features, etc.)
NOTE: Developmental editing (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
should generally be done BEFORE proofreading,
that way proofreading does not need to be repeated.
Line Editing Components
- ensures consistency of the language used and sentence structure
- confirms the story line flows through the manuscript
- checks for consistency, identifying what comes first and leading clearly into what follows
- eliminates repetitive words or phrases, and streamlines the use of formal vs. informal writing structures
- points out the need for transitions, elimination of run-on sentences, missing words, or excess words
NOTE: Line editing does NOT include checking spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- focuses on all matters of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- includes word and phrase consistency
- corrects style and paragraph formatting issues
- helps the author finalize the manuscript so that it is suitable for publishing
Set per word. Select your option and multiply your manuscript’s word count to obtain final cost.
$0.010 – proofreading only
$0.012 – developmental editing OR line editing only
$0.013 – line editing + proofreading (both in one read-through)
$0.014 – developmental editing + line editing (both in one read-through)
$0.018 – developmental editing (first read-through) + proofreading (second read-through)
$0.020 – developmental editing + line editing (both in first read-through) + proofreading (in second read-through)
Sample pricing: book editing with all services: proofread (.010), developmental editing, line editing and 2nd read through (.020): 15,000 words $450, 30,000 words $900. 60,000 words $1,800